Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München (LMU) is one of the most renowned and largest universities in Germany. The LMU Munich School of Management is one of the leading Faculties of Business Administration Research and Teaching in German-speaking countries.
The Institute for Leadership and Organization (ILO) is looking to fill the following vacancy by January 1, 2022 at the earliest:
Post-Doctoral Researcher (m/f/d)
(Pay Grade A13, full-time)
We work internationally in an open and cooperative atmosphere. Our research in the fields of leadership, organization and innovation contributes at the highest scientific level to solving current practical problems. We present our work at international conferences and publish in leading international journals such as AMJ, Org. Science, JIBS or JPIM.
You conduct high-quality management research in collaboration with Professor Hoegl and the Institute team. You teach courses (in our content domain) in the Bachelor's and Master's programs of the school and supervise students with their theses (for a teaching load of five hours per week). Moreover, you act as a mentor for the Institute’s doctoral students and gain respective leadership experiences. With your teaching and research, you will work towards the completion of a habilitation (German post-doctoral degree).
- A completed PhD degree or its equivalent in Business or Psychology or neighboring fields, with a special emphasis on organizational behavior, organization theory or innovation management.
- A proven publication track record in top-tier management or psychology journals on topics of organization, leadership or innovation, or publication potential as evident in working papers or submitted papers that are invited for revision.
- A very good understanding of quantitative methods, including study design and statistical analyses, and a very good command of relevant software packages, such as R, Mplus, HLM, Stata, and/or SPSS.
- Alternatively, a very good understanding of qualitative methods (e.g., longitudinal inductive studies).
- Excellent oral and written English proficiency as well as relevant teaching experience (ideally with formal student evaluations).
- Experience and readiness to engage with leaders and organizations in field work.
- The ability to work in and guide a team; curiosity and discipline, self-reliance and initiative taking, as well as integrity and creativity
Position and Application
Your workplace is centrally located in Munich (LMU’s main campus) and is very easy to reach with public transport. The position is limited to three years with a possible extension of a further three years. If all the requirements of civil service law are met, you can be appointed as a temporary civil servant, otherwise on a TV-L E13 pay grade appointment. Severely handicapped applicants will be preferred if they are otherwise of equal suitability. There is the possibility of part-time employment. Applications from women are welcome. Please send your application documents (cover letter, CV, publication list etc.) in electronic form only (all documents in one PDF file no larger than 10 MB) to Prof. Dr. Martin Hoegl at firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline: Oct. 15, 2021. Review of applications begins immediately and the search continues until the position is filled.